*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712349-An-actual-Thank-You-to-my-mom-can-you-believe-it
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#712349 added November 26, 2010 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
An actual Thank You to my mom, can you believe it?
My mother is taking all three of my kids shopping for some boots. Hooray! That frees me up to get something done - our last day of Thanksgiving Break (or actually Fall Break, since to say the word Thanksgiving is Politically Incorrect) is Sunday. I have a whole bunch of money to spend on the library at school, and I was determined to make out my order this week. Have I done it? No, not yet - I've been helping my mother cook. I'm determined to have it made out to turn in Monday. Part of this is that our Office Manager, who is the order-er for our school, always tends to take a few weeks off after Christmas. I never have been able to figure this out - how can you automatically get sick every year at the same time? However, now that we have a new principal, she may or may not do it. I'm having my order ready in case she IS gone after Christmas. I want my goodies!

However, you have to conspire with the principal to get this heifer to do anything. She will tell you any lie to get out of doing any work - she has already told me several "stories" to get out of doing something for me. However, if I "just happen" to go in there while the principal is standing there, I am more likely to get results. It stinks to have to do it this way, but it is what it is.

So, what I have decided is this: I am taking the kids to my mom's for their shopping trip, and taking myself to a coffee shop to to work on what I need to work on. I'm taking all my catalogs and my laptop to get on the Internet - most of the coffee shops have Wifi now. I love spending other people's money, especially on books. Hooray for me! Thank you Mom.

© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712349-An-actual-Thank-You-to-my-mom-can-you-believe-it