*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712662-cyber-sitting
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#712662 added November 29, 2010 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
cyber-sitting
Here I am on Cyber Monday, looking thru the ads for things to buy for sundry folk who say they don't really want or need anything, and for their kids who think they want and need everything. And even for the grandkids who we're taking on a cruise for Christmas, because I don't want them to be disappointed on that long at-sea day with nothing under any tree for them.

So far I've found three pairs of pants, two tops, and a new car for myself. Hmmm. That is not getting down to business, is it?

I actually made the mistake of letting the site contact the car dealers, and now am inundated with emails about when I want to come get my new Ford Escape or Mercury whatever. I wrote them back, politely, and told them not until the snow melts. It would be a terrible shame to plow a brand new car into a ditch, stop sign or somebody else's bumper, and all those things seem mighty likely with the ice that's on the road.

Did I tell you about my daughter's post last week? I've quit reacting so strongly to some of the idiotic things people say on Facebook, obviously trying to be obscure and/or clever. She said it was a good season to be thankful not only for our blessings but for even the things we don't think that much of because you never know when you'll get hit by a bus. The next day she posted the picture of her bashed fender and the bus's unscratched bumper. She was on the way to pick up her son and take him to the doctor because he'd fallen down the steps at school. The principal thought he might have broken his ankle. Well, he's swollen and bruised but okay, and the car is driveable but crushed. Her insurance is not going to be at all happy. And the injured one's twin sister was whining that she needed an x-ray too because someone had run a sled over her foot. Her mother was not amused.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend the weather prohibited us from going anywhere. Bill was tired anyway, and stiff and sore, didn't mind at all that he didn't have to drive or ride 4 or 5 hours. He happily spent several days downloading all the pictures of the people at the hunt, the dogs, the birds, the cleaning and processing tent, and the mess hall. Better yet, he got to tell me in detail about each one. Ah, I should have had my knitting out. I could have accomplished something while saying, "Um-hm," and "Nice" over and over.

He's off at a meeting now. I cancelled the one I was supposed to have tonight. Wish I could find the cocoa powder. Hot chocolate would be good about now, as I begin my hunt in earnest for toys for a 3 yr-old boy who lives far away. The search is on.

© Copyright 2010 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712662-cyber-sitting