*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712905-Write-A-Thon-Results
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#712905 added December 3, 2010 at 3:49am
Restrictions: None
Write-A-Thon Results

NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon  [ASR]
A NaNoWriMo fundraiser... compete as a NaNo writer or donate by sponsoring one!
by Jeff


Wow.

I have to be honest... when I went into running this event for a second year, I was hoping for a modest improvement over what was an incredibly successful inaugural effort. After I crunched all the numbers, I was left staring at the screen, my jaw hanging open. You guys (and gals) didn't just surpass last year's numbers... you flat out blew them out of the water! *Bigsmile*

Here are some fun facts for the 2010 NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon:

         *Bullet*55 individual Sponsors
         *Bullet*84 competing Writers
         *Bullet*44 NaNo Winners


And a whopping 9,406,146 collective words written! *Shock* That's more than four times the number of words written in 2009!

What does all that equate to? Well, that means we raised over 7 Million Gift Points for this year's featured groups! *Shock* *Shock* That's more than a 50% increase over last year!



Before I announce the winning teams, I'd also like to take a moment to recognize some of the individual achievements this year:


         *Bullet* wakko71 received a Generosity MB for the highest overall sponsorship commitment: 462,311 GPs!

         *Bullet* asthanasios received a Determination MB for the highest overall word count: 175,371 words! For such a high word count, Alatheus will also receive 10,000 GPs from kattwoman and 100,000 GPs and a MB from Chantelle Quigley-Dimeo !

         *Bullet* Alexia Wynd received a Fundraising MB for sponsoring the most number of Writers: 18!

         *Bullet* blainecindy received both a Fundraising MB for having the most number of Sponsors (15) and a Job Well Done MB for raising the highest amount of GPs among all her Sponsors (1,451,336 GPs)!


And now, without any further ado, I present to you the final rankings of the teams! These numbers are final, and factor in everyone's word counts and any modifiers assigned to a team for having fewer members. Your standings are:


         1ST PLACE: The Pink Team - 518,051 words

         2ND PLACE: The Black Team - 498,399 words

         3RD PLACE: The Gold Team - 496,811 words

         4TH PLACE: The Green Team - 456,761 words
         5TH PLACE: The White Team - 433,489 words
         6TH PLACE: The Orange Team - 375,518 words
         7TH PLACE: The Brown Team - 365,549 words
         8TH PLACE: The Blue Team - 362,597 words
         9TH PLACE: The Purple Team - 291,328 words
         10TH PLACE: The Yellow Team - 282,202 words
         11TH PLACE: The Red Team - 237,642 words
         12TH PLACE: The Silver Team - 233,538 words



Congratulations to everyone on a job well done, but in particular to the third-place Gold Team, whose members will each receive an equal share of 400,000 Gift Points, the runner-up Black Team, whose members will each receive an equal share of 600,000 Gift Points... and the victorious Pink Team, whose members will each receive an equal share of our 1,360,000 Gift Point Grand Prize!


I would sincerely like to thank everyone for their support of this years NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon. Because of all your generosity and hard work, the beneficiary groups will be receiving more than 6 Million Gift Points in charitable contributions this year, which will hopefully allow them to continue their great work on Writing.Com.


The Merit Badges have all been given out... we're still waiting for a few more Sponsors to send in their donations, and I hope to be able to award the Gift Point prizes (and send out the group donations) in the next couple days. *Smile*


As one last matter, if I could ask all of you to please vote in the following poll, I would really appreciate it. We tried something different with the structure/format of the event this year, and I'm curious to know if you liked this way, last year's way, or want something different for next year. The options are all explained (so you can make an informed vote even if you didn't compete last year), and it won't take more than a couple of minutes of your time. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help make this event even better for next year! *Delight*

 NaNoWriMo Write-A-Thon Format Poll  [E]
Which format/structure for the Write-A-Thon do you prefer?
by Jeff



Happy Holidays, everyone. Hope to see you next year!


- S o C a l S c r i b e
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

Please check out my community items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712905-Write-A-Thon-Results