*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713258-Bah-Humbug
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#713258 added December 8, 2010 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
Bah Humbug
It's going to be a long Christmas holiday. Well, long in terms of how it's going to seem... mostly because of how little time I actually have. My new company is open between the week of Christmas and New Years'. I know that a lot of people have to work those days... but my industry doesn't. The vast majority (easily 90%) of all studios, production companies, agencies, management companies, and law firms are closed that week. Which means that even though we have to work, it's not like there's a lot of work to be done if the people you're dealing with aren't in the office to return calls and emails.

Most people at the company are using their time off. The company has a semi-generous vacation policy, so people don't really think twice... it's simply a matter of filling out one of those little vacation forms and that's that. Except for me. Since I just started at the end of October, I haven't accrued any vacation time yet. Which means I have to work. An attorney just started about a week before I did... so it's pretty much going to be me, him, and anyone else unfortunate enough to have blown through their vacation time this year, alone in the office.

Methinks it's going to be very, very quiet... and very, very dull. I can organize the files and entertain myself with minor administrative tasks that I've been meaning to get around to. We're moving offices in February, so it'll be a good time to get some of that prep work out of the way. But honestly, that's not going to take more than a day... which leaves me with three more that week, and a couple others on either side of that week, as people filter out of and back into the office again from their varied vacation schedules.

I think I need to bring a book to work or something. Maybe the new attorney and I can play Scrabble. *Laugh*

I just hope that there's some leniency with the hours for that week. Working those days is bad enough... working my regular 9am-7pm schedule would be even worse. Hopefully there's at least a little wiggle room. 10:00 or 10:30 to 5:00 or 6:00 perhaps?

I guess we'll see! *Smile*

© Copyright 2010 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713258-Bah-Humbug