*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714292-I-Put-a-New-Mattress-on-Moms-bed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#714292 added December 29, 2010 at 2:49pm
Restrictions: None
I Put a New Mattress on Mom’s bed
‘Idál (Justice), 18 Masá’il (Questions), 167 BE – Wednesday, December 29, 2010 about 11:49 AM Pacific Time

In 2007 or 2008, when they took the hospital bed away they left the mattress. They put the mattress, covered with heavy plastic, in my garage. I moved the mattress from the garage to the house and washed it off with bleach water. Ever since, the mattress leaned against the wall in my dining room.

Yesterday, I took the old mattress off my mother’s bed and put the plastic covered mattress on. Then, with Mom’s help, I made the bed. This way, instead of having to turn a wet mattress over, I can just take the sheets off and wash the mattress off. I suspect the issue with the wet mattress has to do with something Mom is drinking before she goes to bed.

I think I’m going to have to put a stop to the coffee after 5:00 PM. I’ll do that for a while and see if it helps. Mom doesn’t understand why her bedclothes and mattress are wet in the morning. There isn’t any reason for me to explain because she will just get angry.

The problem doesn’t occur during the day, so I’m not sure of the cause. I’ll talk to her new doctor about it in January. Winter has always been a difficult time for Mom and the Alzheimer’s isn’t making it any easier. Mom gets angrier on cloudy days then when the sunshine.

I managed to get the old mattress to the garage last night. Now I have to get it to the curb. I’ll have to attempt that on Saturday. I can’t let that mattress lay on the garage floor because I need to put the car in the garage.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714292-I-Put-a-New-Mattress-on-Moms-bed