*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715482-Trees
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1741120
My 15 for 15 book for 2011 in the POV of Ludia Webster.
#715482 added January 14, 2011 at 1:33pm
Restrictions: None
Trees
Ludia held her mother's hand as they skipped into the woods. Her mother, Cydia,  had a red picnic basket in her other hand. A gentle breeze blew through Ludia's black hair when they reach the end of the gravel road that led to the circle of tall oak trees.

"I want to go over there, Mommy." Ludia pointed to the trees and ran ahead.

"Okay, Sweetie." Cydia smiled and followed behind her.

"Tell me about the day you first came here and met Daddy."

"Haven't you heard that one enough?" Cydia laughed and shook her head.

"No, especially not from you. I love the way you tell it, Mommy."

"Let's unpack this basket, then I'll tell you."

Ludia helped her mother spread out a blue sheet. They both sat down.

"Tell the story, now!"

"Eleven years before your oldest brother Lucifer Junior was born, I lived in a place called the Faerie Realm. Anyway, there was a tree in the back courtyard."

"What's a courtyard?"

"A fancy word for yard."

Ludia opened the basket ,pulled out a small paper, and peered into it. "Sugar human skins, yummy! Now go on please." She took a crispy skin out and began to munch.

"My younger sister Mabon told me that the tree led to Earth, so I thought I would see if she was right. Well, I opened the door that was carved into the tree, and a warp sucked me in. I thought I was going to fall forever until I rolled out of that tree over there." Cydia gestured to the tree to the left.

"Didn't come over to this swing and start swinging on it?"

"Yes, I did. Your Daddy had built the swing."

"Yeah, for those bratty children of that old bat, Marion."

"Be sweet, Ludia, or I won't finish the story."

Ludia laid down on the blanket, staring up at the clouds.

"I was swinging on that swing when your Daddy walked up. I thought I was in trouble at first, but he was so sweet to me."

"Daddy kissed ya, didn't he?" Ludia sat up and giggled.

"Eat your lunch before it gets cold, you silly goose." Cydia hugged her.

© Copyright 2011 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715482-Trees