*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716963-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-2
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1747394
The father of independent artificial intelligence. This is how it all begins. Harmony?
#716963 added February 1, 2011 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
The Diary of Alexander Fount [Part 2]
8:05 AM 07/25/61


One would think that if the World Governance could ever function, it would be in the face of a pending global catastrophe, but oh how wrong one would be. Lucifer came into view nearly nine months ago; at which time the WG determined that its cosmic path was forecast to run into our great blue marble. With a paralysis brought about by the bureaucracy of our society’s democratic system combined with the price of the plans proposed to deflect or destroy the comet, a response has been…delayed.





It seems that common sense has prevailed with at least a majority of the senators, because they have agreed to defer the decision to an independent artificial intelligence. It is apparently no longer of importance to them that they deemed such creations (not a decade ago) an abomination. In their formal request for my services, an apology was enclosed. It was disconcerting to think that they might believe that their concession would persuade me to help them. I have been feared and terrorized for years now for what they did to me. I wanted to respond to their request with something like, “burn in hell you sociopathic hypocrites”, but unfortunately since we all share the same planet, and thus the same fate if the ice giant Lucifer falls upon us, I resigned to their request.





© Copyright 2011 davidvanhorne (UN: davidvanhorne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
davidvanhorne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716963-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-2