*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716964-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-3
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1747394
The father of independent artificial intelligence. This is how it all begins. Harmony?
#716964 added February 1, 2011 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
The Diary of Alexander Fount [Part 3]
6:00 AM 07/30/61


Harmony is finished. I abhor that ‘name’ which the senate insisted upon; anything to appease the simple minds of their constituents, I suppose. I think I may have subconsciously designed the program more feminine because of it. It is probably irrelevant. While females tend to be more emotional and thus more irrational than males, I believe that’s due to hormones; of which Harmony has none.





While sex is a pure biological component, there are universal traits that each possesses, and because of the sophistication level of my IAI programs, it should come as no surprise (to an intelligent person) that they require some of these traits. In my past designs I have preferred to make them more ‘male’. It was a personal preference. I’ve never much known the mind of a woman, and I’ve never cared to try.





I have impressed myself with the final product that is Harmony. Her intellectual development has been better than expected. She desires to learn and seeks out solutions to problems of which she has no factual resources to rely on. If a question can’t be answered she accepts the fact with zero resistance. (That was the main issue with previous programs.)





She knows me very well already. Sometimes she’ll finish my sentences, and/or present me with solutions before I have thought of the problem. There’s no doubt she can determine which solution is best to deflect or destroy the comet, however, I haven’t yet told the senate of her completion. I think I can make her even better, and I doubt they will allow me to continue to tinker with my work after Lucifer is out of the sky.





© Copyright 2011 davidvanhorne (UN: davidvanhorne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
davidvanhorne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716964-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-3