*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717073-Almost-Sunset
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#717073 added February 2, 2011 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Almost Sunset
‘Idál (Justice), 15 Sultán (Sovereignty), 167 BE – Wednesday, February 2, 2011 about 5:30 Pacific Time

It is about sunset on a cold late winter day in Las Vegas. According to the weather, report that comes to my inbox, this morning was the coldest February morning since 1996 and tomorrow morning is supposed to be just as cold. The lowest temperature in the area was 1 degree at Lee Canyon, while Nellis Air Force Base got down to 21 degrees.

Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this morning, so he is predicting an early spring. I hope the Groundhog is right, but I have not heard from Mojave Max, the desert tortoise so I am not sure. Max has more experience predicting the arrival of spring in this area then Phil. It is probably because male desert tortoises do not come out of their dens until they sense a female nearby. They come out to mate in the spring and the temperature here is still too cold for the tortoises, male or female, to come out.

On the bright side, there was not too much wind last night, which is good. I still have to get the trees removed from the front yard. I think I am just going to have to suck it up and call the number I have for the tree removal and attempt to make a deal.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717073-Almost-Sunset