*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717913-An-accident
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#717913 added February 15, 2011 at 6:29pm
Restrictions: None
An accident.
There was a little accident south of us yesterday near the interstate. I'm telling this because it is laced with irony...no one was hurt, by the way. A DOT transport carrier was hauling a piece of heavy equipment and as it drove under an interstate bridge, the equipment being too tall, hit the bridge and took out a big chunk of concrete. Traffic was backed up for miles and is still creeping along from what I hear on the news. Thankfully, I was nowhere near it. Although it will probably cost all of us in the end, I did have to chuckle...bet somebody had a red face. Maybe they should have to pay. Of course...not.

As I look out the window here by my computer, across the street in my neighbor's backyard, I see a lovely pink tulip tree in full bloom! Spring's a comin'. The redbud trees are already fleshing out, and the wild pear trees look like they are spinkled with snow. Springtime is my favorite season.

Until next time....c

© Copyright 2011 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717913-An-accident