*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718391-Only-a-holiday-for-some
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#718391 added February 22, 2011 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
Only a holiday for some...
Our trash pickup day is Tuesday which sometimes becomes problematic because of Monday holidays. According to the now uncountable times I have had to call them to find out if they are indeed coming on Tuesday or if we will be a day late because of a holiday, I thought I had it all figured out. This morning, gratified and with a certain smugness, I observed all my neighbors' trashcans were in their places at the curb. Satisfied that I had the "inside information", I left my trashcan in its resting place at the back of the house. Imagine my shock and consternation upon hearing the rumbling and gear grinding of the soon to be past my house trash truck. I am happy to report I was able to jump into my clothes, grab the bag from the kichen can, yell at Mopsy to "get out of the way" and "stay back from that door" and wheel the full to overflowing can out to the curb before they made it down the street to our house. Where did I go wrong? Well, the trash pick up people did not observe Presidents' Day as a day off. I guess I need a list of their official holidays before assuming something as important as whether they are coming on Tuesday or not.

While I am in the griping mood, one other thing just happened that really made me grind my teeth. Why is it the local news always reports on happenings and events in the area AFTER THEY HAVE HAPPENED? It's just great! I'm changing oil yesterday because of nothing to do, while the little town just north of me is having a Spring Arts Festival...that I would loved to have gone to if I had known about it. And the tv report just makes it that much worse when they tell about the thousands that attended the festival with record vendors from all over the country. That really made me feel better. Oh well, I'm over it now...

until next time....c

© Copyright 2011 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718391-Only-a-holiday-for-some