*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718610-Adware-attack
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#718610 added February 25, 2011 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
Adware attack...
Joe Storymaster:

‎... You've got adware on your computer. *Frown* There's no links from Writing.Com on your blog. We'd never put ads in content like that. Hope you'd know us better! *Wink* Get in touch with your security software co and see what they recomme...nd for figuring out which type of Adware you have and how to get rid of it. --- Updated with: Errr, senior center computer! Yes, you need to report machine to someone in charge ASAP. It's going to effect ANYONE using that computer... And likely, some of those ads are going to lead people to very bad things ... like trying to get people to give them their credit card number or worse, like their SS#.


The above came from WDC at Facebook. The problem seems to be on this end... however... how does an unsuspecting user know that? You could have it on your computer and then you think I am the one sending you to a porn site... or worse.

Here it came up as double underlined words in light blue sending anyone who clicks on it to an adware site... not good.

Jane, here at the Sr. Ctr. reports that adware attacks have been vicious lately. Happened to her while doing payroll. Had to put computer on safe mode and install more virus protection. Here, I updated Malwarebytes and ran it... still a problem... *Frown*

ME:

I copied 8,283 photos from my cellphone to my laptop. Now, I have 8,283 photos to look at ...and edit ...and arrange ... See y'all come summer? Summer of 2012?

Went out to Wild Mercies environmental studies reading last night. Bitter cold winds. Even with the arctic hat Mandy sent me (well, good Fargo, North Dakota style...), it left me with cold ears.

The insanity in Helena (Montana's capitol) is reaching national news reports. The legislature wants to turn the clock back to when folks here hunted with spears ...and then back even further. The erosion of human rights protections and the concept that Montana can nullify federal laws (when it feels like...) reminds some folks (not only me) of the period leading up to the Civil War (which wasn't very civil) and reminds me of the time after it during Reconstruction when Jim Crow became the law of much of the land. Scary, scary times.

Lynchings anyone? (And yes, lynchings are a sordid part of Montana history).

So... still stressed out in spite of Obama considering DOMA unconstitutional. Current events trigger bad memories of almost my entire life. I thought I'd be safe here in Missoula... apparently not.

*Reading* The Maltese Falcon... almost done. I read various and assorted stuff, but rarely novels.
21,199

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718610-Adware-attack