*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719078-Looking-at-doing-something-with-my-journalblogs
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#719078 added March 4, 2011 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
Looking at doing something with my journal/blogs.
ME:

Not fond of teal... but ain't fond of pink either (rhymes with eider duck not like Montanans who rhyme it with needer.) So... must use all the colors not just my favorite ones. Same with senses... Writers need to be aware that there are senses other than visual.

Speaking of which... soon it will be time to reread 5 years of journaling, writing poetry and blogging (July 2003-2007) covering Oklahoma-Colorado-Kansas and the descent into despair and the slow rise out of it. I need to choose the emotional highlights and weave them into a fictionalized story I can share. It doesn't need to get published... but it does need to be written.

The tricky part will come from revisiting times that were traumatic without being sucked in emotionally while trying to do just that with the reading audience ...albeit just my family and friends... It needs to be brutally authentic. To write it I'll just have to pretend that this is just a story that happened to someone else. Fiction. Yeah, remind me that life is all fiction. If I get overwwhelmed I'll just have to call Sheila and ask how-in-the-hell did she do it.

*Reading* Finished Jordan's/Sanderson's Towers of Midnight. Found the ending jarring... which can be good, but this didn't feel right. Still, looking forward to the next and final book. I picked up a Kingsolver paperback to amuse me if I get bored... but I really need to be reading poetry and doing other things right now.

Like deciding when/where I'll be traveling next. My friend Trish is in Chile/Argentina and Erika saunters off to China next week. Virginia is traveling in India... I want to go SOMEWHERE!

Montana is "safe" for me and that is good. However, I'm starting to question whether safe is best.

Read four pieces at Bernice's last night: 'watermelon seeds', "Joseph's Coat", "To Fly" and the poem I wrote for Shaziane. Didn't light any fires, but I need to read to an audience every chance I get regardless. There was no "wow" in my presentation. And Barbara was in the audience... Argh! Need to get my Zmitri pieces melded into a 15 minute presentation... soon.

I have too many projects sketched out or started. Must tie up ends and finish some.

By-the-way, I'll make my yearly goal of 360/400 pieces of writing by 1st day of Spring. The new goal will be the same. It's good to have goals I can meet.
21,237

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719078-Looking-at-doing-something-with-my-journalblogs