*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719842-Dribble-drabble
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#719842 added March 15, 2011 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Dribble, drabble.
ME:

It's hard to make an interesting blog unless one is going through personal crises, speaking on a particular subject or to a particular audience. When I was homeless, my drabble was interesting to read because it was a glimpse into a world few readers had experienced. And even while boring, it was boring in a different way.

Now my blogs are truly boring because life is calm. This place, this Missoula, is 'safe' which may allow me to reread that period of time when I was homeless and at a distance edit it. But for now, my life is neither inspiring nor dramatic. Please except the blandness of my blogs.

I went up Waterworks Hill on Sunday. Warmish, 50ish. I went up Chokecherry Gulch as the climb is gentler. I heard/saw a magpie and was amazed by the big dog tracks (could they have been black bear?). Saw a couple horse grazing and there were a few people out as well, including two young women slung with babies walking along with their dogs. Very little signs of spring on top, but the dry sandy-rocky soil warms up before the valley does. On the way back I was intrigued by how they changed the main path to protect the pink Missoulian phlox.

Taken in a previous year:



The day was skewed of course as it was the first daylight time day. I was running late for the writer's readings. In the end, I decided not to feel guilty and skipped it. I've supported them for over two years, but rarely does anyone acknowledge my existence. Their loss.

So, I've made the decision to cut out "obligations" and not apologize more than once. I may still go, will go if invited, but will consider other personal needs to be of more import.

Yesterday, Myrt took me out to Walmart and Best Buy. The guy at BB was great, informed me that new models were coming out soon, maybe early April. There were no Panasonic Lumix in house. Cost? I expect $200-300. Canon or Nikon is still an option. Want to have a new one before I go on any interesting trips. If I decide on Texas in April I want to be able to catch close-ups of flowers.

We also stopped at Barnes and Noble. The Nook looks interesting. It would be easier to travel with than a computer or books. However, $150 seems stiff. Even though I have plenty of money I refuse to spend it foolishly.

Days have become milder, both during the day and night. Average 45/28 around now. More sunshine too. Although yesterday I saw grapple.

Exact plans are up in the air. I already warned Mandy I may be coming through Des Moines if I decide to go to Grand Forks, ND and then to Austin and Round Top, Texas. Could be setting myself up for three conferences over a three week period. Need to make calls. *Rolleyes*
21,305

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719842-Dribble-drabble