*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721550-Time-marches-on-
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#721550 added April 5, 2011 at 5:13am
Restrictions: None
Time marches on ........

The first harvest of the season has been taken from the fields. The sunflower crop was a great success, the heads were as big and laden with seeds as can be wanted. Even the price is impressive. One happy farmer - smiling, and a bank manager wiping the sweat from his brow - he is safe for another season.


"Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them."


Fair enough ... us humans had an issue about apples, snakes, and other stories, therefore ... we have to scratch around in the soil to get a bit of bread on the table.


And those rock pigeons that came and saw all that lovely sunflower, they got shot to bits. So much for 'free food'. All's fair in love, war, and farming.


Again, the farmers have to defend themselves against the free-booting rock pigeons from town. Those pigeons can strip a land of its bounty in a very short time.

War is never fair.



© Copyright 2011 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721550-Time-marches-on-