*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723057-GAME-7-Dont-miss-itunless-youre-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#723057 added April 27, 2011 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
GAME 7!! Don't miss it...unless you're me.
A good day to you all...started sunny over here, then rain clouds jacked up the sun hardcore for awhile. And fast. And now it's sunny again. Seems the celestial beings know it's Game 7 in this Sabres/Flyers series. Given the series and Buffalo history overall, it doesn't bode well for the blue & gold.

Stats aside, I've been lucky to be able to watch the previous six games of the series. Alas, that will not happen tonight, as I have to work. Sure, I can DVR it, but the one night I close each week is mirrored by my boss. She's a diehard Sabres fan also...and would certainly throw me under every bus she could if I called in and *gasp* left her by herself on this oh-so-important game that she can't attend, because it isn't in Buffalo.

I've given thoughts to calling in sick today, because I spent an amazing 21 hours in bed since Sunday night due to a cold virus or something. Amazing because I slept for most of it; not so much because I got pretty much no sleep last night. Maybe the Melatonin cancelled out the store-brand Nyquil. So safe to say, I've got some energy stored up. At least enough to dig my phone charger up from out the back of my bed so I can plug it in at work and use the Flycast app on the Blackberry to have the game playing while I "work" (because nobody's gonna come in tonight....it'll be deader than dead with everybody else watching the game).

GO SABRES!!

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* When you're sick and you want to take Dayquil or Nyquil, why do they have to make those geltabs ridiculously huge enough that you practically gag on them while you choke them down? Sore throats = not conducive to swallowing. And neither is gagging to a sore throat.

*Bullet* Hey, Julie D - PUBLISHED! and Brooklyn , big props for the raffle tix the last few days! *Smile*

*Bullet* This entry is brought to you by: http://beastieboys.com/preorder/ ...if the album is half as awesome as this short (half-hour) flick is, then I'll be stoked, cuz what I've heard already is awesome, and this short film features many cameos from some major stars. Just find the link that says "Fight For Your Right revisited" and click it. It's explicit, and it lagged a little on my laptop, but it's totally worth it. Not just for the beats, but for the hystericality.

That's my joint for today...gonna break free from this and try to get to work on time, and maybe convince them to let me go home early, even though I feel a lot better. Peace out now, and GO SABRES!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723057-GAME-7-Dont-miss-itunless-youre-me