*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723411-The-Royal-Wedding
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#723411 added May 2, 2011 at 6:38pm
Restrictions: None
The Royal Wedding

         Over the weekend, my wife and I were watching one of the many specials about the Royal Wedding. In no particular order, the top five most interesting facts (to me) about the whole thing:

         1. Of the £20M or so price tag for the whole event, the Middleton family insisted on also contributing... to the tune of £500,000.

         2. All of the important guests and members of the wedding party wore outfits by English designers, as a tribute to the British fashion industry.

         3. The tradition of the public kiss on the balcony was actually started by Prince William's parents, Charles and Diana, on their wedding day.

         4. After Princess Diana's death, Britain instituted a "Red Carpet Rule" for the press, which essentially states that when celebrities and royals are on official business, they can snap photos and harass away. But when they're in their private lives, running errands, etc. the paparazzi needs to back off.

         5. Westminster Abbey has a Twitter account.

         Just a few little random bits of trivia that caught my attention over the weekend.

© Copyright 2011 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723411-The-Royal-Wedding