*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723596-The-Voice
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#723596 added May 6, 2011 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
The Voice

         I'll admit it; I'm a sucker for singing/dancing/musical/performance competitions. It's probably because I have absolutely zero talent in all of the above areas and am really impressed by people who do. *Wink* I wasn't sure about NBC's new show The Voice when it was first announced, but it was an instant favorite of mine. For those of you unfamiliar with the show, rather than a show like American Idol (where the contestant is seen and judged on the whole performance), this show has the four judges (Adam Levine from Maroon 5, Cee-Lo Green, Blake Shelton, and Christina Aguilera) sitting in chairs facing away from the contestants, so that they only hear and vote on the quality of the person's voice (hence the show's title).

         Anyway, long story short, there's a very specific reason why I'm mentioning this. As further proof of my theory that everyone will eventually know someone in their lives that was on a reality show... it finally happened to me. One of the contestants on the show is the son of my wife's voice teacher from back in our hometown.

         Tyler has an incredible voice. His mom/my wife's former voice teacher is in the video, and he also made a pretty important revelation for his father. Check it out:



         Also, I had to share this one, because this guy's voice is amazing. He did a great cover of one of my favorite songs too:



         I'm totally hooked on this show. While there are a lot of talented singers in the competition, Tyler's got my vote. *Smile*

© Copyright 2011 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723596-The-Voice