*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723619-Me-mithers-son
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#723619 added May 7, 2011 at 6:22pm
Restrictions: None
Me mither's son
ME:

Called me mither. She's 89, she is. Gone out by now to sup with my sister I suppose. I may call her tomorrow.

Went to market... not much there for me today. Not in the mood. Wandered off to Butterfly Herbs for a coffee and chatted with friends. Kathleen, for instance, understands how mood swings can devastate.

Went to the MAM and listened to Eileen Myles read from her book. I enjoyed the event. She was a visiting professor last year, so it was good to see her again.

Saw Camille again and she mentioned my booklet, "Trash.1" I really should do another. The concept of just collecting trash in a place and time and then using it as prompts is a simple writing technique.

First Friday went well. Saw myriad folks. Took pictures. Especially of Acton's works. Need to get those on facebook. Made a "pizza" out of a square mint chocolate cookie, a slice of cheese, a slice of pepperoni, a dollop of hummus... then took a bite and photographed.

I got a protecting shade for my camera. Since I'm hard on cameras and this one, although not expensive nor fancy, wasn't cheap. Payed $15 at the Dark Room.

Nice chat with Louis Habeck who made himself a box camera and then took digital pictures of what it saw... anyway, it worked. Also, some awesome scenes of rural Italy in the fog taken from a bus! I think my new camera can handle this. *Smile*

So yesterday was a good day and today hasn't been bad, just slow.

At least it doesn't feel like winter!
21,874

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723619-Me-mithers-son