*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723671-Good-news
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#723671 added May 10, 2011 at 5:14am
Restrictions: None
Good news!
Good news.

Somewhere in the world, the AIDS figure is dropping.

Now, with all that is being told to us, you can believe anything, nothing, or make your choice - what can you believe or not.

Let us assume that the news is true.

How did they do it ? Free condoms; better education; an awareness drive; advocating self control; religion - it does not matter - they are doing it.

When you read about it, what do you find.

Everyone (well, those that have, or need a soap box) are claiming victory!

When the war is won, medals to the victors.
And a pat on the head to all the generals who spear-headed the different battles.
To the soldiers ... Some who may never return, some altered forever in mind, spirit, and/or body, and the ones who at the end of it all - they know - they know the story at ground level. Well done; lest we forget !

If this is an another story, as many things are these days, then it will be a great pity.

If it is not ... why is the rest of the world not really, I mean - REALLY - not taking note.

UGANDA ... of all places, can put claim to such good news.

Yes, the war is not over, the word AIDS will forever be with us, as would be every other minor word pertaining to man's greatest sport.

For the price of one new super weapon of war, we could flood a country with so many condoms, then they will be everywhere. Freely available to all. Think of all the things that condoms could be used for.

As a toy for the poor kids, balloons always fascinate children. At the same time they will get to accept the product as an everyday item. All the clever people could get a fantastic marketing plan.

Objections: we did forget about those, did we not?

A person's life is worth less than one ounce of prevention ?

We must consider personal prejudice, religious dogma, and plain ... (I need a word here. I did want to say stupidity, only then, I know that most people are not all that stupid - I did say most !) ... sometimes, very rarely, I do not know what to say.


The weather is totally out of sync. It does have its benefits. It shuts the farmer up for once. Nobody is complaining about the drought. Not a word about 'when is it going to rain'; and were the farmers then satisfied? Farmers are never satisfied.


21st May - the day the world is going to end, it is official now. We do not know which year yet. As good a date as any other, I suppose.


The blog has been started. This is the other blog, the TOY. Either I am getting more clued up, or this one is that much easier to get to know.

Everything comes to he who waits (?)

© Copyright 2011 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723671-Good-news