*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724092-Rosary
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#724092 added May 16, 2011 at 5:29pm
Restrictions: None
Rosary
*ButterflyG*

"O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible." Pindar, Pythian iii

*Quill*

Rosary

The brick s*** house had no door. It looked out upon the sage, inhaled the fragrance of the sage, exhaled last night's dinner. It was greasy... too much butter in the elbow macaroni and peas.

The wind whispered this second day of Spring. Sitting in short sleeves he grunted back and forth like a monk, rocking it out, squeezing. The plastic bottle of deodorizer gleamed vermilion as he rose to give it a squirt.

He had sat there nearly an hour mesmerized by the mist that Alice-Rose had loved so well, the slant of sun, the rainbow to the west. A morning s***, shave and a shower would do. The hot tub beckoned.

He reckoned he had nothing better to do but to listen to the whispers of the pine waking up to the post-winter warmth. He slipped into the water and glanced at Rose's necklace. She had left it there the day before she died. He picked it up, caressing each bead like a rosary, said a prayer that her soul had exhausted the limits of rainbows and dawns.

© Kåre Enga 2011-05-15 [168.xx]

*Idea*

Shannon and I sat down at Bernice's and wrote. The above was done in about 12 minutes (lightly edited since).

The prompts:

*CheckG* color: vermilion
*CheckG* shape: elbow
*CheckG* sound: whisper
*CheckG* fragrance: sage
*CheckG* movement: repetitive ("he grunted back and forth")
*CheckG* touch: greasy
taste: citrus
air: blizzard
*CheckG* fire: hot tub
*CheckG* water: rainbow
*CheckG* earth: brick
*CheckG* season: equinox ("second day of Spring")
*CheckG* month: of short sleeves and skirts

We also used the quote above and an object. Shannon had a necklace with purplish beads.

The idea was to use whatever prompts inspired and write for 20 minutes. We both only used about 12. We read what we wrote (optional) then we did a second one.

We will meet again May 22nd @ 6 pm. at Bernice's. It's open... so hopefully someone will join us. *Smile*

*Reading*

Whatever... too much internet distraction. Still on Tico poetry. I read constantly. At least I got done with a movie and can move on to another.

*FlowerY* Warmer! Green in the hills
62,110

Higgins Street Bridge, April 25th  2009, Missoula, Montana

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724092-Rosary