*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/727649-My-Glory-Days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#727649 added July 1, 2011 at 9:33am
Restrictions: None
My Glory Days
30-Day blogging challenge Day 1: July 1, 2011 ~ Prompt: Glory Days – “We are now in the mid year of 2011. Look back from the start of this year to present and share your glory days.”

Glory Days: Jalál (Glory) is the period between sunset Friday evening and sunset Saturday evening. A weekend day, the end of the week and my life seems to come full circle. It is time to time to evaluate past victories and defeats. It is time to make a fresh pot of coffee and write a grocery list. It is time to change, transform, and recreate goals that are too difficult or too easy. If it is 7:00 AM then it is time to begin getting my mother up and deciding what to feed her for breakfast. It takes thirty minutes to one hour to get her out of bed and ready for the day. If I can get her up in less time then it is a momentous occasion... a Glory Day.

Glory Days: Little victories compose my Glory Days. Mom coming home from the daycare center still wearing her hearing aids, she has learned to remove them and I usually find them in her purse. However, sometimes she forgets she can take them out of her ears. Mom singing, “Show me the way to go home” or “Humpty Dumpty” instead of crying.

Glory Days: Attending a nineteen-day feast or going to a Holy Day celebration. A day, I can walk across the floor without osteoarthritis pain in my right knee. A day, I remember to roll the trashcan to the curb on Wednesday and Saturday morning or on Tuesday or Friday night. A day, I can go to a restaurant, order prime rib with all the fixings, and then taking part of it home for another meal. A Glory Day is any day I wake up, get out of bed, hear the birds singing, see the neighbor’s cat in my backyard, or write a poem.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/727649-My-Glory-Days