*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728077-76-Wednesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#728077 added July 6, 2011 at 6:57pm
Restrictions: None
7/6 Wednesday
I will finally be seeing a dentist today. Scary thought but I have had this tooth breaking apart for almost a year now. It has gotten to the point I was worried that I would have just the nerve showing,


The other night a woman from Africa testified how the dentist there told her that she was going to need a "tooth extraction" She didn't have the money and prayed about it. A few days later the tooth just fell out. She had a second tooth bothering her and went again to the dentist who asked her who did her "tooth extraction" She asked why? The man said whomever did it, did a very good job. Then he told her that a second tooth needed to come out and told her the cost. She said no thanks she would go to her good dentist. After praying again, that second tooth just fell out a few days before she came to Portland, OR.


I am amazed and ashamed. I am a little vain that I want my tooth repaired. So even though I just got insurance, I am going to the dentist today to have them give me that bad news of what it is going to cost to get a root canal and a crown. I also have a second tooth (molar) that has broken in half, top to bottom and the back half has fallen out. I am almost ready to just pray that one falls out. If that woman can do it so can I. It is the same God.





Sunday morning, a note was passed to the Gen Overseer. He then announced that a young boy was missing. He was 7 yrs old and wearing a grey suit. His parents were worried and if anyone saw him to send him to them. Later when he got up to preach he read a text and it was about the lost being found. He said the boy did not know he was lost. He had the best seat in the best location in the world. He had been sitting on the front row of the campmeeting service. He didn't know he was lost. But his parents were looking for him. They were united and everyone was happy.


He then told about the Martin boys who went missing 5 years ago near Astoria, Oregon. They were 6 and 4 then. Everyone was looking for them, Police, Coast Guard and neighbors. The boys were gone over night but were found the next day on a road. When asked if he prayed to find his mom, he said he prayed to find the road that would take him to his mom. When they found the boys and the puppy, He had a fist full of flowers for his mother. Confident that he would find her.


The point was we are all lost at some time. Some times we know we are lost and other times we don't. But God is always looking for us and waiting for us to make the decision to be found. I was so impressed by the way he bought it around. How much God cares about our well being and all of heaven rejoices when the lost is brought into the fold.


Whether you know you are lost or if you think you know right where you are; God is waiting for your call. He is always ready.





It is funny that sometimes you don't know why God puts you in some situations. My new dentist went to Oral Roberts Univ for dentistry. He still doesn't get that God doesn't heal people's teeth with new enamel or put new legs on people who have no legs. We talked in generalities for a moment but before we could get any deeper Paul (my husband) came in for his appointment. I am amazed at the way we interact with people. Bethany, a young girl in our church, is VERY introverted and self conscience about her height and weight. Yet she spoke out to a young man at the shop where she works, telling him about the plan of God's salvation. He has come to church a number of times now. Then a few days ago she was at a concert and one of the band members came up to her and started talking to her. She told him about her beliefs and he came to a concert with her and wants to come back. What a thrill to see someone come out of their shell. Yet to see how God uses people who think they can't do anything. when they just open their mouths, willing to speak for him, He does wonders.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728077-76-Wednesday