*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728295-Making-Omelets-at-the-Grassroots-level-of-civilization
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#728295 added July 9, 2011 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
Making Omelets at the Grassroots level of civilization
30-Day blogging challenge Day 9: July 9, 2011 ~ Prompt: End of the World “December 21, 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world. Do you think it will it be a cataclysmic shift of Earth itself, a transformative shift in human consciousness, or something else?”

Someone (I do not remember who) once said that to make an omelet you have to break an egg. What I got from this saying is that no component of the universe meets destruction or ends, it simply transformed. You can take the primordial atom as an example.

When the big bang occurred and the primordial atom exploded, burst or whatever (since humans in this universe did not yet exist, we can only speculate on how the primordial atom was destroyed). The atom exploded and the components of our universe came into existence. To appearance the original atom was destroy, but actually, a transformation occurred and the building blocks of our universe came into existence.

Another example is a bit morbid. When a body (human, plant, or animal) dies it begins decomposing. The attraction that held its atoms together is broken and the body disintegrates as its molecules and atoms separate. The body transforms and seems to disappear, but its atoms still exist in another form.

Whatever happens, if something does happen, on December 21, 2012 will not be the end, but beginning. What will that new beginning be? No one can say at this time, but if we look at the events occurring today in the world, we may find a hint. Look at the grassroots level of civilization, at the individual human beings in every nation.

At the grassroots level, people are becoming more aware of damage we are doing to earth. At the grassroots level, people are becoming more aware of the butterfly effect, what happens in one part of the planet affects every other part. At the grassroots level, individuals are becoming more aware of the similarities between human beings rather then the differences. At the grassroots level of civilization, a transformation is occurring, a transformation that will eventual affect the entire civilization and the planet itself.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728295-Making-Omelets-at-the-Grassroots-level-of-civilization