*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728379-Last-Day-of-Campmeeting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#728379 added July 11, 2011 at 1:06am
Restrictions: None
Last Day of Campmeeting
What a day it has been. wonderful and Sad. I worked in the kitchen and we served a wonderful Pot roast dinner. I mad two sugar free desserts and they both were gone during lunch.


At dinner I was in line with a man from Africa. We had a good conversation about th USA and Nigeria. The economics of both and the difference in the people's dealings with both. When we got to the serving line, he didn't hink he wanted what was offered. It was hot dogs, salads and desserts. We were just using up the last of the food from lunch as this was the end. It all went. He chose not to eat.


The last servie is very hard for me. It is sad. Most of the visitors have left. We had a great choir number with Dave Anderson giving a very emotional heart felt testamony of how he was changed from a drug taking rockstart wannabe, to ha christian with no desire for drugs and no withdrawal. He has one of the largest commercial construction companies on the west coast, yet he give his testamony a rotary meetings, and business meetings.


We then sag a bearutiful song called SAVED and it fit right with what he said. I came home. I am tired and part of me is worn out. The other part is blessed for all the work that was done and the satisfied customers. we served about 14,000 meals in 16 days. On the second sunday we can serve 600 people and an hour and 15-30 minutes. We have two lines and the biggest slow down are people who cannot make a choice. There are usually 3 entrees. Fish n chips, chicken fried steak and baked chicken. It all good just pick! Then they can't dicide what salad or dessert as we have such good ones.


Anyway, I lvoe the conradere and the food.


NOW MONDAY is coming. the five pounds I gained over the last two weeks has got to come off along with 10 more, SO back on the diet tomorrow. Get the schedule going and stick to it. I have to walk at least 45 minutes a day or even 30 minutes at noon and another 30 min when I get home, Drink lots of water and eat every 2 hours!


I am going to need lots of prayer !!!





I have decided to once again open my novel and fix it. I have so many pieces of it floating around thatI went to read it and found a previous section had been inserted into a spot I had recently edited. How did that happen? Now I have to go through each chapter and make sure it is the correct one. Yipes. At times I wonder if it is worth the effort. Maybe I should just delete the entire thing, forget I ever did it and try something else.


But what to write? Do I go back to the paranormal books on THE KINDRED? or do I find some short story I have written and expand it to a novel length?


What to do? I think I will sleep on it for a week
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728379-Last-Day-of-Campmeeting