*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728499-Tues-712
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#728499 added July 12, 2011 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
Tues 7/12
I have been reading a Facebook "blog." It was started because many people who attend our campmeeting and eat at the restaurant, love the Raspberry dessert. It is about 3 inches or more high. It consists of an oreo crum base (with melted butter of course) the next layer has Cream cheese, whip cream, butter and sugar. Then you press a layer of raspberries into that layer, then tops with oreo crumbs. It is so good that everyone wants the recipe.


The FB page has pictures and comments, all wanting to know how to make this dessert. I understand the desire for this very rich wonderful item, but I posted that if everyone made it then it wouldn't be that special dessert everyone expects at Campmeeting.


You know when you have a specialty dish you make and everyone loves it and asks you to make it? Then they want the recipe and are mad if you won't give it out?


There are some things that a person makes that they want to keep as their signature dish. I respect that. Although I know how this dessert is made and it is different than the one that is in the recipe book everyone has,I don't make it. I have asked but I think I would rather look to the times that this person makes it especially for me when I am invited for dinner or dessert. It means they care. I have a recipe for chocolate melting pots. It isn't a big deal to make, but the presentation make it look like I spent a lot of time and effort. If someone is insistent to have the recipe, I give them the one that makes 1,000 pots. It is a shocker to them. But I smile and say, It is all there, I have it worked out but then I did all the work. If you want it then you can work it out too. *Smile*


Everyone knows that when they come to my house for a dinner, they get the royal treatment. They get the Victorian set table and a special dessert. The food will be simple and wholesome, but it will have presentation and you will feel special. If you get my chocolate melting pots you will know that life is good and all is well.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728499-Tues-712