*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730562-Nothing-much-to-work-with
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#730562 added August 4, 2011 at 12:40am
Restrictions: None
Nothing much to work with...
...said Party, "Nothing much to work with."

That describes...

ME!!!

Yep. No matter what color you paint it this picture ain't no Matisse.

In other words, my highlight of the night was misplacing my glasses while trying to upload photos. Found my glasses after two hours... checked everywhere. In the meanwhile only 29% of the photos were uploaded onto my computer and they are not the 29% I need.

Starry, starry night.

So after tossing and turning and making my way to the toilet I actually saw the dawn over Jumbo! This, my friends, is a rare event. Got a photo of course, then there was thunder, then there was rain, while it was clear blue to the north.

Not much to work with here!

My days and nights are all confused and that may have been a factor in misplacing my glasses. Which were in the last place I looked (groan... silly comment I know) under my pillow... You do not want to know how stupid I felt.

I checked on costs of flights again to England. Should just call an agent to book it and hand over a check. Very stressful. Nothing is cheap out of Missoula. MSP and SEA and... to MAN or LHR or... via KEF, AMS, ORD or... I'm learning the codes! It's cheaper to fly to MAN rather than BHX from here and DUB is cheapest but leaves me in another country.

And bus to SEA? $92. MSP? $155. Greyhound has gone uppers again. *Frown* Thankfully, a 60 day pass is $556 (30days is $456).

So who bought a winning lotto ticket they really don't need?

I shouldn't complain. I'm in good shape financially. But anyone who thinks prices haven't gone up can kiss my ass. Travel costs have at least has doubled since 2007 (both plane and bus); my income went up about 4% and now it is flat...

I can't walk to England!

Argh... need to go soon. *Smirk*

See... now don't you-all prefer it when I keep my mouth shut because there ain't nothing much to work with?

Peace and chicken-grease sautéed in whine, K.
23,127

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730562-Nothing-much-to-work-with