*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730872-Its-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#730872 added August 7, 2011 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Its Sunday
Here I am sitting at the computer for a few minutes; waiting my turn in the shower.


We just completed an almost 3 mile walk around the perimeter of Clackamas Town Center then stopped at Subway for a breakfast sandwich and coffee.


I have a full day planned. I am meeting my sponsor for Thirty-One bags at 11:30 to drive to Kelso, WA for a Connect and Celebrate meeting for all the cunsultants in this area. There aren't many as most of them are located east of the Mississippi. What a wonderful challenge to start a business where you aren't competing with hundreds of other consultants. Now that Avon and Tupperware can be found in Malls, the lowly consultant has to work harder to promote those products.


Thirty-One Bags is a faith based company and the name is taken after Proverbs 31; knows to most women as the guide to becoming the vertuous woman. Wow I thought what does that make me? The thought came to me as I read the verses, she wasn't a super woman. First of all she was compassionate, hospitable and lastly, she was organized. Thirty-One is about being organized and looking good while you do it. I am impressed by the style and character of these bags. They are so CUTE! They are afordable and if you have a party you can earn the more expensive bags. They have variety of styles and patterns to choose from.


Another thing that impressed me was that this last summer they put a freeze on signing new consultants. They were growing so fast that they needed to readjust the supply of product to meet the new demands and to make sure they had a strong pipeline to accomodate the orders that would come with new consultants.


They did that and lifted the freeze off at the end of July and here I am a new consultant. I just wish I knew more people and would be able to get more parties right away. I know that I can do great once I get started but it is the starting that is slow for me.


I was at the Dollar Tree and showed the young checker my wristlet and one of the sample catalogs I carry She said she loved it and wanted to keep it. I hope that plants a seed. I will pray that it grows into a party or just an order.


My goal for this is as an outlet for me to become more integrated into the community but also to share my faith with others.


The Pacific Northwest is not a very faith indused comunity. There are more adult stores in the city than there are churchs. Coming from Minnesota (lived ther 33 years give and take) I love that people consider their background by what chuch they grew up in. Lutherans are a biggie there, but Faith is first and there is maybe one adult store in county. The are closly watched by the neighborhood so that any illegal action happening around it will get it closed down. Do you know how to get a place closed down? Just ahve a bunch of people start taking pictures of men and women coming in and out of the place and posting them on the internet or on flyers that are handed out. They will take a lisence plate and get the owners address and mail him a picture of himself coming out of the Adult store or peep show.


What a concept.


Anyway I love the weather her in the PACNW and I put up with the far out liberals that inhabit this place and are fodder for intertainment. Did you know on June 21 they have a Nude bike rider in Portland? It starts around 10pm or so. Wow I thought I had seen it all. But it is a bigger deal in Europe where it started.


That is all the funderal I can think of right now. Time to shower and get ready for the day...Sorry for any misspellings and punctuation errors.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730872-Its-Sunday