*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730900-Diaries-and-Journals-and-Blogs-Oh-my
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1800008
A daily walk with... ME
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#730900 added August 12, 2011 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
Diaries and Journals and Blogs... Oh my!
I've never been too keen on Blogs. The word itself indicates a conglomerate of congealed words. I'm more comfortable with the word Journal. It just sounds more sophisticated, like you may actually have something important to say. I've started many Journals (Diaries, we called them in my day) throughout my life. There were the teenage years when life was so fresh and sweet—I just had to find a quiet place and write down all the new discoveries about myself and the world around me. Of course I had to keep the diary hidden. God forbid if my brothers found it and made fun of me... or worse. What if Mama and Daddy found it and insisted on talking to Donald D.'s parents about that kiss behind the gym after biology class! After a while, actually living life was just too exciting to stop and write it all down. Then I slid into the young-adult years, a time to chart the course for my future. Choices had to be made. I had to think and ponder and discern options and avenues. I decided to keep a Journal, a written plan—an instruction manual for my children to follow (if I ever had children). But charting life was too demanding, and there was no time to stop and write it all down. I fell into Middle-age with its long hours of building a career and fighting to keep my position of authority, struggling to keep the man I loved happy, and searching for extra time to spend with my parents and siblings and friends. I had my own opinions about life and much to say, so I began a new Journal to share my vast knowledge with the world. Until… until tragedy struck, and I realized I had no knowledge at all, and life was too painful to stop and write it all down. So here I am, now—a senior citizen they call it. And I find that life is still exciting, demanding, and painful. Maybe I’ll stop a while and write it all down. ~~

© Copyright 2011 Winnie Kay (UN: winniekay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Winnie Kay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730900-Diaries-and-Journals-and-Blogs-Oh-my