*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731349-A-Month-Until-Class-Begins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1800008
A daily walk with... ME
#731349 added August 12, 2011 at 12:05pm
Restrictions: None
A Month Until Class Begins...
Lesson #1 of the fall term of my Comma Sense Class doesn’t open until September 9th. That’s 4 weeks from today, but the enrollment is closed, for my class is already full. This doesn’t mean my boys and girls are just sitting around in the halls of New Horizons Academy waiting for class to start. They have been very busy getting to know each other and setting the pace and the atmosphere for this term.
Bob and Imagine are engaged in jelly-bean and apple-fragment warfare. Okira is stockpiling an arsenal of raisins for her own defense, and Joel is safely hiding in the Pope Mobile. Poor ole Pat has no idea what she has gotten herself into as she witnesses sneak attacks of flying, green jelly beans on Marcy who is only minding her own business. Linda and Erica and Kelly have emerged a couple of times to say hello. So far, J Powell and Izabelle seem to be lurking in the shadows, quietly observing before jumping in to this chaotic scene.

Me? Well, I’ve been sharpening my trusty Ruler and trying to maintain some sort of decorum. I will keep you posted on future developments— OUW… who shot that spit-ball? [The Comma Queen peers around the classroom, Ruler raised.] Ah hah… Imagine !! Is that a straw I see in your hand? 

Lord, if this is what it’s like a month before class starts, what will the actual school days bring for this Comma Queen?


Comma Sense Instructor Sig by: Joseph J. Henley




© Copyright 2011 Winnie Kay (UN: winniekay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Winnie Kay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731349-A-Month-Until-Class-Begins