*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731315-Looking-forward-to-pricing-carrots
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#731315 added August 12, 2011 at 1:50am
Restrictions: None
Looking forward to pricing carrots
ME:

I wrote to Queen Scarlet (edited and added):

Sent a note to Ann. Seems I'll be at Mavis' a night and then off to Lincolnshire on the 18th and then? I dunno! Maybe I'll see Amanda when I arrive? If not, later ...she has carrots and parsnips to show me. *Delight*

I have mentioned to folks here that I want to go to market with you and check the price of carrots... and I'm serious. Mundane shopping will teach me more about the England of today than any historical site crawling with tourists.

People don't live in castles any more. Few ever did.

Had a busy day here and need to check out my checklists again to see what can be accomplished tomorrow. I live a very mundane life too: paid the phone bill, cooked potatoes, went to the Senior Center for meatloaf at noon and pancakes at 4. Visited with the Spanish circle at the library this afternoon. Nona gave out green beans from her garden at the writing group this evening.

Tonight Kate mentioned Culross (Fife, Scotland) and yesterday Chris mentioned Glastonbury (Somerset) as places to visit. They're both live here in Missoula.

Told Jess [Ghostranch] in Buckinghamshire that I was coming to visit England. Mark, her boyfriend, in Cardiff mentioned a possibility of getting together... maybe I should've traveled for a month? LOL

We'll see.

This trip will be very VERY different than my trip to Costa Rica (hostels, always around strangers, always on my own). What will be similar is having to cope with language and cultural differences.

One thing that is nice: I have few expectations. This will be more like a vacation.
23,249

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731315-Looking-forward-to-pricing-carrots