*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731844-Up-and-Down-and-Round-and-Round
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#731844 added August 18, 2011 at 8:03am
Restrictions: None
Up and Down and Round and Round
Scene 3:

Cookie monster pops up his head and begins to sing…

The big brass wheel went round and round
The big iron shaft went up and down,
Up and down and round and round
Enough! Enough! ...

President’s Chief of staff walks up

Was that who I think it was?

Yes…

I wonder if that moron remembered to pay his taxes this year?

He might be dumb but he’s the only economic adviser I have left.

You are in a bit of a bind there, sir.

It was appoint him or a Republican…

I know, I know…. Why have you called me here…?

Because I’m embarrassed…

Why Mr. President?

They’ve started calling me stupid again…

That’s absurd… you are the most brilliant President in history.

You think so?

I know so.

And what makes you say that?

Well you promised a redistribution of wealth and you really delivered there…

How so…?

Well first of all you wrecked the CD Market…All those old codgers who were hoarding all cash….We really stuck it to them….running the presses day and night redistributed the hell out of their nest eggs.... Out of their pockets straight into the treasury.

Shhhh, Not so loud.

And don’t forget how you pushed spending to over three trillion and sold bonds like there was no tomorrow… That money has really come in handy for all the social programs we doubled down on.

And….

Well if that doesn't get you reelected nothing will.... The more people on welfare and food stamps the more addicted voters come election day.

Good point...

And there's more Mr. President..., I just got this year's assessment on my house and the value of my property has dropped by ten percent…

It did?

You betcha.... You have engineered the greatest shakedown of Middle America since the Great Depression.

Don't give me all the credit.... Barney deserves some of the praise.

He's not a pimple on your butt, Mr. President.

Yeah, but look what we did to the Local Governments…

Mr. President, Really! have you forgotten how the Mil-Rate works…?

That's right.... A decimal point here and there and the States are back in business.

And who would have dreamed our policies would set the Stock market on it’s ear and let us shake down everybody's 401 K? That was brilliant!

Still, nobody likes being called “Stupid,” even if it is a case of pot calling the kettle black.

It’s all the Tea Party's fault, Mr.President. They were the ones were behind the SP downgrade, It was all politics....but we 're retaliating…

How?

We've put them on the top of our Weekly Slur List….Every loyal Democrat is speaking with a single voice.... mouthing the exact same words. We're calling it the "Tea Party Downgrade."

Don't forget last month’s slur... where everybody referred to the Tea Party as “Terrorists.“ …What happened to bi-partisanship and toning down the rhetoric?

They have a lot of nerve questioning our policies. The people can’t have it both ways. It’s either Big Government or rule by a bunch of Capitalists. The voters wanted change and we gave it to them… They wanted hope and got paid as dumbasses always are.

They’re calling me a Socialist and all I did was get a health care law passed.

You Keep telling yourself that Mr. President. They're jealous that you accomplished what no other President could.

I always feel better after talking to you Chief. How’s my vacation schedule looking?










© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731844-Up-and-Down-and-Round-and-Round