*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731928-Peanut-butter-sandwich-and-celery
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#731928 added August 18, 2011 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
Peanut butter sandwich and celery
Istiqlál (Independence), 19 Kamál (Perfection), 167 BE – Thursday, August 18, 2011 about 8:10 PM Pacific Time

Monday through Friday, Mom eats two meals and several snacks at the daycare center. When she gets home I fix her something to eat because she has medication which must be taken on a full stomach. Today, I fixed her a peanut butter sandwich and some celery sticks. She ate everything and she took her medication without difficult or chew the meds.

Sometimes Mom wants to chew her pills rather then swallow them. The problem is that two of the meds are capsules, which are supposed to be swallowed rather then chewed. I have no idea how to deal with this problem except to encourage her to swallow the pills rather then chew them.

There is no use getting upset when she chews them and I do not think it will hurt her, still it must taste odd. Sometimes I can encourage her to swallow the capsules by making sure her water is ice cold. Then other times I suggest she take the meds with a different drink such as juice. Sometimes it helps and sometimes I just have to sit and shake my head.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731928-Peanut-butter-sandwich-and-celery