*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732556-Friday-night-at-Welcome-home-Girlfriend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#732556 added August 27, 2011 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
Friday night at Welcome home Girlfriend
Last night I my sister, a friend and I went to a wonderful house that is open for women of all ages to come and relax. You can google the above title in Oregon and what you will see is a wonderful house stuffed with all kinds of treasures including a woman who loves to entertain and gift to women a time to renew.


When you arrive you may pay the fee of $15 or bring a food to share. You then pay only $10. You are free then to do what you want. After taking a plate and sampling the offering, we went to the back yard that overlooks a valley of sorts and sat in the Andarondak chairs. It was cooler there than in the house (no AC) but the view looking NW, the breeze and just relaxing was wonderful. I took out my pad and began to write on a project that I need to get done.


After an hour or so the sun was low in the sky and the colors were fading. We went inside just in time to watch the movie I brought to share. They have a drop down wide screen with rear projector. The room is set up like a comfortable theater/living room. Couches and love seats let you watch the movies in comfort yet there are plenty of places to put the rootbeer floats she makes for anyone who wants.


The movie I brought was Temple Grandin. It is a spectacular movie, heart warming, funny and fist pumping support for a woman with Autism. I hoped that the women would be as inspired as I was when I saw it and understanding when they come into contact with an autistic person in the future. I picked a winner. We were all talking through the movie and afterward. Those that chose not to join us were disappointed they didn't and took the name of the movie to find it on their own.


When we went back up stairs after the movie, a woman asked the group, "Who is going to own up to bringing the Grahamcracker treat?" Ah that was me. There were immediate inquireies as to how it was made and surprises as to how easy and fast a really good treat can be prepared.


I had a trifecta going because, since I fell in love with this house and the couple who run it, I knew I had the perfect gift.


I love Victorian things and I had in my possesion a small doll buggy that had been decorated in a Victorian fashion. Lace, feathers, flowers and then on the part where you would normally place a doll, it was filled with a flat piece and on that were glued all kinds of things. A small Victorian doll, a mini tea set, buttons, jewels, shells, and many other things that define that era. I no longer have the place to display it. It has for the last 5 years been in a closet or a corner of a guest bedroom. I love it and wanted it to be appreciated. Here was someone who would love it, cherish it and others would find it fitting. Linda was overcome. She put it right in the Victorian Parlor and said she was enternally blessed. So was I.


So the evening was a great success. A great treat, great movie and a gift for the hostess. I left renewed and marked my calendar for next months third Fri.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732556-Friday-night-at-Welcome-home-Girlfriend