*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733208-Interrogation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#733208 added September 3, 2011 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Interrogation
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 3 Prompt: "You have been named as a suspect in a crime that you didn't commit (and had no knowledge that it even occurred). It was a burglary and now you're being questioned by the police. Write the interrogation, from a handful of questions you are asked, to the answers you provide. Feel free to implicate other members as possible suspects to clear your name.”


Detective One: Where were you on the night of the robbery?

Prosperous Snow: What robbery?

Detective Two: The New York New York on Las Vegas Blvd.

Prosperous Snow: A casino was robbed and it didn’t make the news!!

Detective One: Don’t be a smart ass, just tell us where were.

Prosperous Snow: The same place I am every night, Detective, at home. I have no life! I do not go to casinos. I do not go to poetry readings. I do not go anywhere after dark. I am the opposite of a Zombie, instead of going out only at night I go out during the day.

Detective Two: We told you not to be a smart ass, now tell us...

Prosperous Snow: I am not being a smart ass, Officer... Sorry, Detective, I leave the house between 9:00 AM and 2:30 PM Monday through Friday. I stay home on weekends and holidays.

Detective One: Very well, do you have any idea who may have robbed the New York New York.

Prosperous Snow: No, but it had to be somebody pretty stupid or desperate, since everyone knows that, in real life, no one gets away with robbing a casino in Las Vegas. Perhaps it was someone who has been watching too many movies.

Detective Two: Are you suggesting we question everyone going to a movie and renting a DVD or Blue ray?

Prosperous Snow: No, Detective, the only people you need to question those watching Oceans 11, which should cut down the suspects quite a bit.

Detective One: Very well, Miss Snow, you may go, but don’t leave Las Vegas or the country.

Prosperous Snow: Detective, I, like you and everyone else in this town, am upside down in my mortgage. I can afford the monthly payment, but I can’t afford to take a vacation. Moreover, with gas prices as they are, I can’t afford to go to Henderson, Boulder City, or even North Las Vegas. Come to think of I can’t even afford to drive to the Las Vegas Strip. Whoever tried to rob that casino must have been a tourist.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733208-Interrogation