*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733275-This-ones-about-lying-liars-and-their-lies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#733275 added September 4, 2011 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about lying liars and their lies.
THE PROMPT: "When is it OK to lie? We all tell the occasional "little white lie". What makes them more acceptable than a regular lie?"

Lies...all lies!! There's my response to the prompt, and I'm sticking to it. *Smirk*

Ok, that's a lie. I'm not sticking to it. In fact, I'll write a blog entry about it. And you can read it.

The fact is, a lie is a lie. Some just hurt a lot less than others.

See, my way of looking at it is pretty simple: if you don't tell the truth, you're lying. How you react to that lie and the liar depends on the severity of the lie. Which sounds simple, right? But it's not.

Face it. Look to your left, and look to your right. Chances are that person has slipped you a "lil whitey" at least once, and for any reason. Maybe it was jokingly, over something they were insecure talking about. Maybe they just received bad information and passed it on to you, which left you in a compromising situation (which really technically isn't a lie, but roll with it). Or maybe they felt like they were trying to protect your feelings. And maybe, just maybe, it was nonna yo' damn business *Shock*. Regardless, that person is still your friend. So it's no big deal. Case closed.

(SIDE NOTE: If the little, innocent lie is known as a "little white lie", what color is the "big fat lie"? Ponder that amongst yourselves and hit me up when you reach a consensus.)

It's the big, scary lies that hurt feelings and ruin relationships. Those are the ones that do damage. They undermine your credibility as a person who values integrity. It's a known fact (take my word for it, I read it on the internet *Wink*) that the key to every successful relationship is trust. If you don't surround yourself with people you can trust, you shouldn't need me to tell you that bad things will happen to you. And if you're one of those dastardly lying types, expect the world to be a cold and lonely place once the word gets out that your filthy ass can't be trusted.

So basically, a "lil whitey" now and then isn't such a bad thing, because it typically can be smoothed over with an honest explanation (especially if that honest explanation is over a cold beer). But when it oversteps its whiteness and starts growing hair and legs, forget it playa. You're done. You have no comeback. You can't talk your way out of this one. Bridge = burned.

MUSICAL BREAK:

While it seems like an obvious selection, I did have to reach way back into the vinyl LP stacks for this one. It wasn't this band's biggest hit, but if you remember this song, you'll win nothing but knowing that at your age, your memory's still pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA43ETEU1Vg

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* We had "Josh, son of CWC"'s graduation party finally, in what is shaping up to be a tradition here in our casa...The Pre-Labor Day Bash And Festivities. All we need is a corporate sponsor and next year it'll be off the chain, y'all! *Laugh*

No seriously, it was a good time. The weather forecast was horrible...they were calling for rain, high winds and even mo-effin' hail and shit up in here. Luckily, the rains held off long enough to get through dinner and bust the lid off my gas grill (way to be, CWC *Pthb*) and have a lot of fun and laughs. When it finally did start raining, we just herded everyone up and mushed them in the garage for some cake, and then it was time to go. Good times! Now, however, it's all rainin' and T-stormin' and whatnot. I shall remain in the safety and comfort of The ManCave for the remainder of the evening.

And that's all I've got for another day. If you're a worker and you've got the day off tomorrow, enjoy it. If you're not a worker and you've got the day off, take a day off from tryin' to get a job. And if you're a worker workin' tomorrow, thanks for doin' what you do, and I hope your homies have your back when it's your lunch break. GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733275-This-ones-about-lying-liars-and-their-lies