*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733408-I-cant-pick-just-one-season
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#733408 added September 6, 2011 at 12:45pm
Restrictions: None
I can’t pick just one season
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 6 Prompt: "Summer? Autumn? Winter? Spring? Which is your favorite time of the year and why is it your favorite? Tell what kinds of things you like to do during that season."


I can’t choose just one
I can’t pick a favorite season
because each has its own fun.

My favorite season is the one I am experiencing at the time. In summer, I enjoy a picnic in the park and sitting in the shade of tree as I write poems. I like snow cones and ice cream. I like cold cool aid or wild cheery Pepsi. I like watching the birds fly from tree to tree and playing in my driveway.

Warm in the morning
Hot in the late afternoon
Desert temperatures

In autumn, I like the cooler weather. I like turning the central air unit off completely because it is too warm for the heat and too cold for cool air. I like watching television stories showing the autumn colors across the country. I like going to the laundromat to wash and dry the winter blankets in preparation for the next season.

Cooler temperatures
Grandma hung blankets outside
I use a dryer

In winter, I like to watch the season’s constellations. I like drinking hot chocolate, while watching an old movie. I like eating hot oatmeal with lots of butter and brown sugar. I like watching the snow accumulate on the top of Mount Charleston.

Freezing temperatures
Hot chocolate keeps me warm
Remember Grandma

In spring, I like listening to the birds sing. I like watching the rainbow of verdant growth in my neighborhood. I like making sun tea and drinking it ice cold. I like wearing fewer cloths. I like turning off the central air unit because it is too hot for the warm air and too cold for the cool air. I like walking in the park.

Beautiful blue sky
Comfort zone temperatures
A walk in the park

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733408-I-cant-pick-just-one-season