*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733887-September-11--Then-and-Now
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#733887 added September 11, 2011 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
September 11 ~ Then and Now
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 11 Prompt: Today marks the 10-year anniversary of September 11, 2001. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, this tragedy touched us all. It changed the course of history and altered our lives forever. Today is a day to reflect on those events and remember all of the innocent victims that were lost. The human spirit is always enduring and perseveres even through a horrible tragedy such as this. Write about your feelings, thoughts, emotions, anything that comes to mind, both then and now.

Remembering September 11


I remember
arriving at work
and learning that the twin towers
were struck.

Speechless
I watched the replay
on the computer monitors;
watched as a passenger plane
struck one tower;
watched the smoke rise
and then the towers crumble.

Now,
ten years later,
I say prayers for the departed
and a prayer for America.

The above poem is the entry I made in Poet 999’s Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff. Since then I have watched television and thought about the world then and now. The world is different today.

Before September 11, 2001, I would never have worried about going to another country or state and wondered what I would do if I had to get medical treatment. Today, I consider what I would do. In fact, when I signed up for my Medicare Advantage Plan, I asked the plan representatives about that.

I do other things differently today (September 11, 2011) then I did before September 11, 2001; in fact, I do so many things differently that I cannot list them here. I am more aware of my surroundings. I am more aware of unusual events. Those are just a few of the differences between then and now.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733887-September-11--Then-and-Now