*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734339-My-you-cant-voice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#734339 added September 17, 2011 at 6:49pm
Restrictions: None
My “you can’t” voice
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 17 Prompt: Vincent Van Gogh said, "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." What is your 'you cannot ____' voice always ragging on you about? Work with your can do Journal and go for it! Having doubts? Write it out!


My “you cannot” voice rags on different things each day of the week. I think the voice picks the item I am most worried about that day and then begins ragging. Right now, it is ragging on me about making this entry, so obviously there is something it does not want me to put into writing.

That is usually why it begins its ragging rant. It does not want me to write something in one of my blogs. One of the things that irates my “you can’t” voice concerns the ad I write and post in my off site blogs. The voice starts when I check for ad opportunities on socialspark.com, payperpost.com, inpostlinks.com, or goviralnetwork.com. I actually think the voice is relieved when I find no leads to indicate interest in or accept because then it can get a little rest from its ragging.

The rest does not last long because it usually finds something else to rag about and it can come up with some ridicules things. Sometimes I just sit down and laugh at the voice. After the laugh then I get up and do whatever the voice is reciting its “you can’t” speech. The problem is that I am a worrier. I worry about everything. Usually the voice and the worry dissipate whenever I do whatever the voice says, “You can’t do”.

The weird thing is that my voice always refers to me as “you” rather then my name or using the personal pronoun “I”. I am not sure why my “you can’t voice” refers to me as “you”. Maybe it does not think it is a part of me. I know it is the voice of my doubt and it is not fooling me or rather I am not fooling myself. Once I do what my “you can’t voice” proclaims I cannot do, then it shuts up for a while.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734339-My-you-cant-voice