*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734413-Crazy-in-ordinary-times
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#734413 added September 18, 2011 at 2:33pm
Restrictions: None
Crazy in ordinary times
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 18 Prompt: Today's prompt is about craziness. Write whatever you want about it! Crazy memories, crazy videos, crazy people you've met, crazy ideas - anything at all! Just go wild! :)


I do not think there is such a thing as ordinary times, the times are either extraordinary or weird; usually a combination of both. There was a time when I believed in ordinary times, but not any more. Events move from weird to extraordinary and back again at regular intervals.

On Thursday, my mother lost her hearing aids. She lost them somewhere between the time the daycare van brought her home and she went to bed. We know she had the hearing aids in her ears when she got off the van, but when I felt in her ears before she went to bed they were gone. She removed them and either dropped them on the ground or laid them down. I cannot find them I have moved the couch and they were not under it. I removed the cushions and they were not there.

I have looked on the ground along the path that the van driver uses to push her to the house and I cannot find them there. I have no idea where they are. It is as if a hole opened in the earth and sucked them in. I am at my wits end. I do not know where else to look. I have looked in all the obvious places, so my only option is to look in the less obvious places.

This is only one of the crazy things that have happened in my life since 2007. Sometimes I think I am living in a dream and other times a nightmare. Right now, I do not care which because all I want to do is find the hearing aids.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734413-Crazy-in-ordinary-times