*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734967-I-deserve-a-daily-newspaper-delivered-to-my-house
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#734967 added September 25, 2011 at 5:16pm
Restrictions: None
I deserve a daily newspaper delivered to my house
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 25 Prompt: I deserve a ____________. Finish the statement and write about why you deserve it.


I deserve a daily newspaper delivered to my house every morning. About five or six months ago, I let the newspaper subscription laps after I changed phone numbers, television, and internet providers. I missed having a newspaper and it was difficult to get to a store to buy one. Last Tuesday, a carrier left a free paper in my driveway with a price list for the subscription. Therefore, on Thursday, I called the number and subscribed for 52 weeks. The cost is only $60.00, but on Friday, I started “shoulding” on myself when I began thinking about the deductable on my mother’s hearing aids.

I knew there would be enough to make the deductable earlier in the week; however, on Friday I began considering the other bills coming in. The $60.00 I paid for the newspaper will make no difference one way or another. After more consideration, I have decided that I deserve a daily newspaper delivered to my house every morning.

I deserve to relax every morning with a cup of hot coffee and a page of comics. I deserve the joy of looking through the Sunday paper for coupons that I can use. I deserve to spend a little time each day looking through the paper for interesting articles that give me ideas for poems and stories.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734967-I-deserve-a-daily-newspaper-delivered-to-my-house