*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735188-Promptless--Midweek-Reflections
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#735188 added September 28, 2011 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
Promptless ~ Midweek Reflections
30-Day Blogging Challenge September 1 to September 30, 2011 ~ Day 28 Prompt: This is a promptless Day


It is Wednesday. It is hump day. I told someone earlier that it was a horridness, which may be an overstatement. Mom lost her hearing aids last week (I am not sure which day, but I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday all though it could have been last Monday). Last Thursday I called the place she got the hearing aid and there was an insurance policy against loss, so I had them use it. The deductable is $550.00 ($275.00 per ear).

Mom has a tendency to take them out because she does not think she needs them. Anyway, I can manage to raise the deductable and still pay the mortgage, but it is still going to leave us in a bind.

Today, I picked up the Senior commodities, we are going to eat canned veggies and chicken for most of August. I do have some frozen meat in the freezer, which will give some relief from the canned stuff. The problem is Mom’s is retaining water, so her feet are swelling. The canned goods have salt in them and this does not help. I am going to the 99ยข store and get a bag of potatoes.

If I drain the vegetables and then put them in water with a potato, that ought to take out some of the salt. I hope it does because otherwise I am going to have to figure out something else. Mom cannot take water pills because they lower her blood pressure. I still have bills to pay and I have to deal with those, next week. Life is getting weirdly interesting.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735188-Promptless--Midweek-Reflections