*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737193-This-ones-about-the-final-say
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#737193 added October 17, 2011 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the final say.
Hey everyone...just popping in for a quick hello while my fantasy football team dies on Monday Night Football....

I won't go into detail about how bad of a day I had at work...it was awful, and that's all I have to say about it. We were also without internet for a brief period of time today, but I got that straightened out. And it's a good thing that I did.

See, I've been waiting on the results of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, and today, they arrived. Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the second round of The 30-Day Blogging Challenge is....ME!! *Bigsmile*

Yup, the judges have decided, and I took the first prize. I know it won't mean a lot to most who read this (as I'm convinced most of my views come from Facebook and not WDC), but this is what I actually won:

*Bullet* Merit Badge & 1 Journal/Blog MB for a friend
*Bullet* 25k Awardicon
*Bullet* Major Shower from "Showering Acts of Joy Group " - 28,000 GPs will bestow the following:
          *Bullet* Port raid with 10 reviews +
          *Bullet* A Merit Badge or Awardicon +
          *Bullet* Raffle tickets and/or a Gift Certificate to sig shop ~ 4k
*Bullet* cNotes are included
*Bullet* 5k Gift Certificate to kiyasama's Shoppe
*Bullet* 1 year FREE Premium Plan (valued at $62.75) from http://wevahost.com/

All of that is cool and all, and it will just pimp out my WDC-ness a little bit. But what intrigues me is that last option. What the hell is https://www.wevahost.com, why would I like a year of it, and it's valued at $62.75?? *Shock* Whatever it is, I'm down for it. It's probably one of those things I'd be fine not having, until I start playing with it and realize I'll never be able to live without it.

MUSICAL BREAK:

I just couldn't resist... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY&ob=av2e

SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS:

There's a few people I need to thank for their support and appreciation on the Blog Challenge journey...

*Thumbsup* All of the entrants...you guys all did a great job. It was nice to see all the different takes on the prompts. Congrats to all of the winners!

*Thumbsup* The judges...man, to have to read all of the entries over an entire month, that's a job, not a hobby. Your dedication to a contest of this magnitude is commendable.

*Thumbsup* Every single person who read any of the entries in this contest, be it mine or any of the other bloggers. I think I can safely say I speak for all of the entrants when I say that if nobody reads us, we've got nothing to write about. Sure, we do it mostly for ourselves and our interests, but to be acknowledged for it and know that people are paying attention to it, well, that makes us all winners in the Blog Challenge.

*Thumbsup* Most importantly, I owe this award to one person in particular. Almost a year ago, I was done with Blogville and was about to let my upgraded WDC membership lapse. I wasn't enjoying myself anymore, and I figured it was time to let it go. In fact, I did let it lapse. There was a lot going on in life, my confidence in my ability was shot, and I'd ran out of ideas. But around Christmastime, I was getting some kind of itch to write. One person thought it'd be a good investment if I re-upped my account and got back into the game. Without her insight, encouragement and wherewithal (not to mention her Visa bank card), I'd have nobody to thank for a contest I wouldn't have won. It's been a wild ride on WDC not only this month or the last year, but the last 10+ years for me, and this is by far the greatest accolade I've received on this site. I owe that to the one and only Jess the CWC. *Heart*

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* There is only one necessary stat tonight...the color of the ribbon added to the header of this blog after the winner was picked. One first place winner. I won't cite all the quotes out there about winning and whatever; it's not like that. But this feels really good. Really, really good.

Ok folks, the victory lap is in the final stretch and the time for relishing it will soon be over. Round three opens up in November and I'm already kinda tossing it around in my head as to whether or not I wanna give it a go. I mean, I do have a title to defend now, no? We'll see. As for now, it's back to Monday Night Football for me. Whatever you're up to, I hope it's nice and fulfilling. I'll see ya soon y'all...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBSF0Gi7oM0&feature=related

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737193-This-ones-about-the-final-say