*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738244-This-ones-about-being-something-youre-not
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#738244 added October 31, 2011 at 8:52pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about being something you're not.
Good afternoon everyone...so this it what it's like to blog while the sun's still shining *Wink*? A very happy Halloween to you you all! I'll put my feelings for this day aside other than to say it's all about two things: 1) Kids getting candy; and 2) It's an excuse for lots of grown women to dress out of character (ie: sluttily). And those things are pretty much ok.

I've never really been into the fall season in general (save for football and hockey season). It's generally a depressive time of year actually...leaves dying, temperatures dropping, the end of summer, etc. It makes it difficult for me to enjoy myself...I'm freezing in the basement while I'm banging this out actually. Needless to say, we didn't dress up this year or do anything fun. Actually, we did manage to go to a party this weekend, but it was a surprise party for my boy Adam's mom...the gig was telling her it was a costume party at his friend's house, but she was pretty much the only one in costume *Laugh*. That was a really good time! Happy 45th (for the 15th straight year), Cooper!

Jess the CWC and I did, however, dress up the last two years, and it was a blast! See, I don't wanna have the same boring, ordinary costumes as everyone else. Anyone can be a witch or a ghost or a slutty nurse or a vampire, but not me. I have to have the jaw-dropping, WTF, laughter inducing, amazing costume that everyone talks about and nobody else thinks of. So last year, we went as two of the lesser-known contestants that were running for governor of the state of New York. I was Jimmy McMillan, a black activist from NYC, and Jess was Kristin Davis, a former prostitute.

Here's Jimmy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0
And Kristin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tULKI5Ie2iU

We pulled it off pretty well...(and I apologize for WDC's limits on image sizing...I've got more pics on Facebook. Message me and you'll be able to see more).

** Image ID #1822825 Unavailable **

The year before we went as Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. Again, another excellent creation on my part. And again, sorry for the crappy image quality (and yes, that's a bullet hole in my temple).

** Image ID #1822824 Unavailable **

But I think my most favorite costume was about 15 years or so ago, when I went as a priest (a priest sorta modeled after this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8x8eoU3L4). I bought a basic priest costume, a silly preacher hat and a plastic cross. I bought a copy of Penthouse Letters magazine, put sheets of paper over the front and back covers and wrote "Holy Bible" on them, tucked a cigarette in my ear and a flask of Crown Royal in my pocket, and read a passage from the book of Lonely Housewife Seduces Pool Boy (or something like that). Best. Costume. Ever. I wish I had a picture of it...I'm sure some of my old co-workers from back then probably do somewhere.

So this year it's pretty low-key. Jess is working and I'll pass out some treats. We were invited to a party but I couldn't be creative enough to come up with a good costume on the cheap (the costumes from the last two years were very inexpensive, and came to me almost at the last minute). I'm fine with that...but I'm already thinking about next year.

Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!

MUSICAL BREAK:

I couldn't think of anything good, so you'll get this from the ultimate master-of-disguise on stage, Reggie and the Full Effect. I saw him once, and it was them the entire night playing three sets. Each set was an alter-ego of their different styles of music. I love them...they're for fans of hardcore, pop punk, techno, whatever. They'll play it. And once the screaming ends, this song is really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XemiwnR4pHA

VITAL STATS:

*Pumpkin* Pumpkin bullet points? No effin' way!

*Pumpkin* Tomorrow starts the next "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. I don't remember if I signed up for it or not. I should probably look into that, huh?

*Pumpkin* Even after their 23-0 decimation of the Washington Redskins, I'm not yet ready to proclaim my Buffalo Bills as fully legit. But I like where they're going so far. As for the Sabres, don't get me started. I think we set our expectations a little too high for this team, but we're barely a month into the season. The jury's still out on both my teams, as far as I'm concerned.

*Pumpkin* BONUS TRACK!! I'll go a little obvious on this one...it's probably my favorite song by this band. It feels a little biographical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28JBRN0jqJU How many black t-shirts that say "ZERO" on them does Billy Corgan really own? Every time I see a live clip of them from, like, 1995 or so, he's got one on. *Confused*

That's it for today...no tricks, just treats. Peace and love to all y'all...GOOD DAY NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tIhwITwhSg

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738244-This-ones-about-being-something-youre-not