*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738552-Prose-poem-letters-for-NaNoWriMo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#738552 added November 3, 2011 at 6:20pm
Restrictions: None
Prose poem letters for NaNoWriMo
ME:

I guess I could've (and maybe I should've) chosen a different project to work on. I have two unfinished works that would've sufficed.

However, November will be a month of packing and reassessing travel for 2012 as well as writing 60 to 90 prose poem letters. I suspect I won't go over 30k words and will be lucky if I can reach 60 and 15k. Poetry and lyrical prose isn't like writing a novel. Poetry doesn't like loose language and a narrative isn't necessary. In the first 5 I wrote in the first two days I find I can't quite fill a page each. The poem ends... and that's it... Best to go onto the next.

However, 30 days of intense writing is a long time and at some point my approach may shift to allow for more verbiage (rhymes with garbage? herbage?).

The Day of the Dead parade last night was great and the dinner gathering beforehand very nice. I don't always do well at social events. So, everything went fine.

I'm reading "The Snowman" by Nesbø and will pick up another book of his today. My mind is reeling with images of Norway in November... to the point that the little Norwegian I know is interfering with my English and Spanish.

Ah... Norway...

= part of the dilemma. I'd really like... (Eg ville gjerne...) to be there come May and staying in Costa Rica till the end of April interferes with that. Plus, I want to visit Iceland before July and finish a group of poems entitled "Iceland". *Rolleyes*

Can't say I don't have ideas going through my head.

This weekend I plan to be in Dillon. Visiting writers. Writing.
24,852

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738552-Prose-poem-letters-for-NaNoWriMo