*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738641-My-first-entry-in-November
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#738641 added November 4, 2011 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
My first entry in November
Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Friday, November 4, 2011 about 1:35 PM Pacific Time

The first week in November is ending and I’m not sure what I’ve accomplished; all though, I know I must have accomplished something. I discovered something interesting about my heating system this week and I don’t think the system should act this way.

When the auxiliary heat comes on the temperature goes down. I know it sounds odd, but that is what it is doing. I watched it for several days and realized what was going on. The regular heat responds the way it should, by increasing the temperature in the house, but the auxiliary heat does the opposite.

I called the company that takes care of the unit and a technician will come to the house Tuesday afternoon. I’m not worried about either Mom or myself getting too cold. I have blankets to put on the beds if necessary. Since I know the way the heat responds I’m careful about where I set the thermostat in the mornings. I don’t set it so high that the auxiliary heat comes on.

I get more exercise in the morning because of the way the unit acts. I turn the unit up one degree, let the unit heat up the house to that temperature, and then set it up another degree. At night, I set the thermostat at either 59 or 69 degrees, usually 69 degrees. I prefer to keep the house at 73 or 74 degrees during the day. I would like the house to be warmer, but we can’t afford the electricity to heat to a decent temperature.

If we get chilly, I wrap Mom in a blanket or put a sweater on her. Myself, I don’t wrap in a blanket, except at night, instead I put on long sleeved blouses or sweaters.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/738641-My-first-entry-in-November