*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739364-Saturday-Night-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#739364 added November 12, 2011 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday Night in Las Vegas
Jamál (Beauty), 10 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Saturday, November 12, 2011 about 5:45 PM Pacific Time

The title makes my life sound more interesting then it is. My brother-in-law has been here for the past few days because he can’t get back to Searchlight. I’m not sure whether I should be thankful or what. This morning he tried to fix the tangled cord on my house phone, now we can’t use the phone. I called the cable company that provides our service and they will send a tech over tomorrow.

The tech can fix part of the issue, but I think I’m going to have to buy a new phone because I don’t think they can fix the problem with the telephone itself. If I do have to buy a new phone, I won’t buy one until Monday. I have a check to deposit in the bank; after that, I can buy a new phone.

The check didn’t come until Thursday. Friday was Veteran’s Day and the banks closed. Today, I dealt with Mom most of the day. Among other things, Mom was agitated and crying. I called the on duty hospice nurse for a refill of Mom’s agitation medication that calmed her down a little, but she was still upset because she said her grandfather left her grandmother for another woman.

We discussed the issue. Fortunately, Mom’s short-term memory issues cause her to forget the subject of the conversation. She stopped crying over that. I would like to know if one of my great grandfather’s left his wife, but this is something I will probably never know for sure.


© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739364-Saturday-Night-in-Las-Vegas