*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739441-I-found-Picture-of-My-parents
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#739441 added November 13, 2011 at 9:00pm
Restrictions: None
I found Picture of My parents
Kamál (Perfection), 11 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Sunday, November 13, 2011 about 6:00 PM Pacific Time

A photo of my parents around the time they were married


I found a picture of my parents taken when they were first married. It showed Mom and Dad standing beside a car, I’m not sure what model, make or year, with their arms around each other’s waist. They are both looking at the camera and smiling.

I remember, as a child, I saw my father smile several times. I see the same smile in the photo. I don’t have many memories of my parents together or of my father. I remember Daddy coming home from work and kissing Mom. I remember riding on my father’s back. I remember a trip to the Kay County fair, with both of my parents. I remember setting on the front porch steps and talking to my father. I remember sitting on Daddy’s lap while he read the Sunday Comics to me. I remember my father drinking coffee; sometimes he drank black coffee and sometimes coffee with cream.

I have photo memories of my parents together. I have snapshot memories of my father. I remember little events and I remember big events. I have a memory of my father around Christmas; it’s like a photo of him standing beside a Christmas tree. I seem to remember drinking hot chocolate with my father. The more I attempt to remember the more snapshot memories come back. They are like photos in an album, with me and my father or Dad and Mom; sometimes one or all of my siblings is in the memory. They are like still snapshots appearing in my mind randomly. Always, my father is in them, he is the tall man in the photo.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739441-I-found-Picture-of-My-parents