*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740200-More-thoughts-and-random-writing
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #1807949
Another adventure in writing I decided to take now. Ideas & thoughts about writing a book.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#740200 added November 23, 2011 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
More thoughts and random writing
Well, oh, it worked. I was having trouble seeing the curser because some of the page; like about a letter or three is falling off the left side of the page. So, now that I know everything is working properly, i will continue to write and find out where we are going on this journey. Many times i start a journey because it seems to be the right time and I have peace with taking this action. My energy and spirit are ok with these mental journeys in writing, so here we go.

I think NaNo is wonderful, but I'm thoroughly burned out, so working on my novel is a slim to none activity. I am reasonably fine with this although I am going to make a super charged effort to add enough words to reach at least 70k. I will have to sit in front of the computer with my novel in front of me and see what I am able to do this evening. I am pleased to have reached over 50k and to have written my first novel. In the future i will most likely read it from beginning to the end and as I do this I will make changes. Then after that, Who knows what will happen.

I decided to try NaNo just to see if I would be able to successfully complete this challenge. The one activity I engaged in before the start of NaNo which helped me immensely was to have an idea about what I wanted in my novel. Like for example; the plot, characters, action and adventure, items, places, events, who was telling the story, how they were telling the story, and other leads which came in like a trickle of water from a stream or faucet. As I wrote the novel, I did not follow exactly the outline nor did I use all of the items and other information included in my outline and notes. I may or may not incorporate these things.

I started with an idea use much of the main ideas and then when where the story and characters went. I know right now there are mistakes, mixed up time lines which can be better organized, more information needed in places to make the story flow better and give the reader a better idea about the story and characters. It can be better arranged and in some cases perhaps portions large and small should be rewritten or scrapped. All of this however is not important right now. For NaNo it is the object of the challenge to write the novel as a first draft and then go back after it is finished and do the editing which require writing 2 to 5 or even 7 more drafts of the novel. Having no idea about novel writing except I am writing a very long story, I am going to have to do some research and see what I can do to make my novel as good as it can be so that at least it will be pleasant reading experience for the reader.
Time is ticking, so I will return later and finish writing this asap.

Viv (dogpack)& Bella (service dog)
GROUP
disABILITY WRITERS GROUP  (E)
Sharing, caring, helping each other to get through the days. Writing, delighting many ways
#1817507 by dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/848245
http://www.vpclass.blogspot.com
© Copyright 2011 dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG (UN: vpbanjo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740200-More-thoughts-and-random-writing