*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740993-NaNo-manuscript-etc
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#740993 added December 3, 2011 at 11:48am
Restrictions: None
NaNo manuscript etc
I'm ready.  I want to start editing.  I have ideas flowing from practically every body part, and I can't stop them.  I've read through it twice and decided it's not as crappy as I thought it was when I was writing.  I decided this because I cried at the ending both times.  AND I KNEW WHAT WAS COMING!!

I also realized I need to eliminate about 500 extraneous commas from the manuscript.  Not a problem.  I guess I was over-exuberant when I was writing.  The ideas were coming, the punctuation was irrelevant at that point.

And I decided I needed maps of the castle.  But before I could do that I needed to read it again to find out where I'd "put" everything.  Consequently I discovered that I'd put things all over the place.  *Smile*  So I have to make sure Alex's rooms are in the correct area of the castle to make everything else show up in its proper place, etc etc. 

I know the story will change quite a bit and I'm excited to get started making those changes.  But I can't.  I promised to participate in Storm's writing meetings to get feedback on what I've written so far. 

So I keep picking up the hard copy and sort of snuggling with it.  But today I want to work on those maps. 

Somewhere in there I also need to start planning for our holiday party, which is . . . *gulp* . . . ONE WEEK from today!

© Copyright 2011 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740993-NaNo-manuscript-etc